Top 10 Things 2 Know About PE
PE “Awaken Your Fitness Force”
Top 10 Things to Know About Physical Education & Health, Your Child Might not tell you.
- Your child will have Physical Education every other day for 3 marking periods and 1 marking period of Health.
- Your child will have to change into gym clothes for class and back into their day clothes after class. (6th grade) can wear their PE clothes to school, but need to change into different clothes for the day.
- Please help your child know which day they have class. Either A-day or B-day. This how I address their class 5th grade A-day, 8th grade B-day, 7th grade A-day, 6th grade A-day…..
- If school is closed during the week for a scheduled holiday, teachers in-service, snow day or for any other reason the next scheduled day will be the next letter day. A, B, A, B, A, B, A……
- A “Doctor’s note”/Medical note must be handed into the Front Office if your child can not participate in class due to an injury.
- A ”Doctors note”/ Medical note must also clear a student when they are able to participate after an injury unless otherwise stated on the medical script.
- A parent can write “1” Parent note for their child if the injury is only a temporary “one day” injury; for that gym class. 1 per marking periodJ
- Morning classes: (5th & 7th grade) The playing fields are wet and sometimes cooler then afternoon classes. Extra socks or extra pair of shoes for the day help. Sweat shirts/ sweat pants.
- In Late October into November classes: Sweat shirts/sweat pants or light jackets are a must to wear for those days outside.
Have A Fit-Tastic School Year.
- Help us help your child; if they are having a hard time and they don’t feel comfortable talking to us, please call or email. I am very aware of the stresses kids face today.